Friday 17 April 2020

trying to make a plastic poppy

Mum and I tried to make a plastic poppy, we had to light a candle and burn the plastic bottle. But first we had to cut the bottle to look like a poppy. Then we had to colour it in red and black but when we finished it did not look like a poppy so we are going to give you a video that we took when we were burning it.  I enjoyed burning the poppy the most.    we thought we could give me a video but we cant unfortunately. so we just gave you me cutting the bottle and burning the poppy but its a picture.   

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job Louis, That looks fantastic. Once you have made a few you will be an expert at it. I would love to see a bunch of them when you are finished. Where are you going to put them?

    I too have been busy making poppies and a wreath that I am going to hang on my gate. I used an egg carton that I painted red, cut poppy shapes and just have to glue them onto the wreath that I made out of a branch from my bay tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are going to put the poppy's in the lounge.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic idea Louis. Your poppy looks so good. Do you know why we recognize Anzac day? I would love it if you could tell me why?

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. to remember the soldiers that died in world war one

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.